Table of Contents Hide
How to Update Discord? This is one of the major questions for discord lovers. When updating the discord, there comes a lot of problems especially to the unprofessional.
Like many apps, keeping Discord up to date (usually) ensures that it is more designed to run on your computer, fewer glitches, and better shielded from malicious software. Updates will take only a few minutes or several hours depending on the scale of the upgrade and the speed of the internet.
There is no special button to update Discord when you are in the program, rather the machine is automated. However, the following techniques can be used to encourage Discord to upgrade itself.
Also Read: How to enable Discord Streamer Mode?
How to Update Discord?
1. You need to wait harder
The first remedy is really simple: wait. Downloads of specific discords are chunkier than most. If your Internet connection gets stuck because of high traffic or the servers of Discord are saturated or sluggish for several reasons, it could take longer to download the update than you are used to.
Patience, as the saying goes, is a virtue. Allow Discord to take a coffee, read a book and do something else.
You should be more or less certain that the problem is not just a sluggish download if you have waited longer than 30 minutes, then you can move on to the corrections mentioned below.
2. Uninstall and install Discord again
Fresh reinstallation will do wonderful work on any malware, and Discord is no different. For this patch, you don’t need to uninstall Discord.
Visit the website of Discord and download here the newest edition.
When the update is over, double-click the executable “Discord Setup” file and let Discord do its job. The configuration file takes care of everything and the process is complete within a minute, if not quicker.
3. Start Discord as an Administrator
Often Discord needs a little boost to make this annoying update. In this situation, running Discord as an admin seems to provide the bulk of users with a solution. Here’s how this should be done:
Before proceeding, make sure you close the Discord app. Check that the icon is not on the device tray, and if it is, right-click and choose “near.” If Discord is set to not startup, a reset guarantees that all related Discord resources are locked.
Depending on how Discord is launched, move to either the desktop icon or the Discord menu in Windows startup, then right-click and choose ‘Run as Admin.’
Discord starts and the upgrade is expected to be complete.
4. Reinstalling Discord
If this fails with your question “How to update Discord”, we have to get a bit more dramatic — eradicate all Discord traces and complete a new installation.
- Close Discord to begin with. Click on Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task Manager and then on “End Task” from the service list, click on Discord.
- Right-click on the Start menu of Windows and then click Search.
- Type “Control Panel” and click on the same name’s first answer.
- Select “Uninstall a programmed” and then select Discord from the programmed lists, then press “Uninstall.” Follow the steps of the uninstall assistant.
- When the uninstall is complete, right-click on the Start menu and click on ‘Run.’
- Type in the search field “percent update percent” and press “Run.”
- Find the folder Discord in the browser, right-click on the folder and then click on “Delete.”
- Do the same, but check for “percent Caliphate percent” by “Run” and remove the disc folder in the same way.
- Navigate to the Discord site here in your browser and grab the new update of the software.
- Open the “Discord Setup” executable file, and Discord installs itself.
- Launch Discord and upgrade without any problems should be done.
And that’s it! And that’s it! The above patches are your best bets when you don’t refresh your Discord software.